Monday, September 8, 2014

Pre-Departure

Good morning, it is time for my parents and I to drive to Philadelphia, PA for my Peace Corps orientation which starts at noon tomorrow (Tuesday). I was all prepared and then my computer decided to not start properly which began the stressful morning of backing up files so that they could be transferred onto another computer. Thank Dad :)
No matter how much I plan, pack, and plan again..something goes amiss.
I have said my "see you laters" to all my friends and family which was difficult, but touching since sometimes we forget how much we are loved until we say goodbye. The gifts I received are remarkable and truly mean so much to me. 
I board the plane for Cameroon on Wednesday and then the adventure really starts!
Here are some pictures from this past week. I must now go say good bye to my 19 year old cat, Flower, along with my mom's dogs, Finn & Bravo. Then we will be on our way.

The beautiful quilt and awesome photo book from all my friends. Each quilt square represents a friend so that I can bring them with me to Cameroon.

Last hike up to the meadow with Finn

My 19 year old cat Flower

Finn finds packing boring
Bye Bye Car!

My packing helpers- Finn & Bravo

3 comments:

  1. Lots of love and safe travels to you RenRen! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures.....especially if you get to go on safari to see....elephants!!! Ah! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh - the adventure begins!!! Safe travels, Renee!! Know that our thoughts are with you throughout this incredible journey!! Yes - you are loved!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels "Jo"! You are off on a truly grand adventure! Enjoy every moment! :)

    ReplyDelete