Saturday, November 26, 2016

Becoming a RPCV

 On November 10, 2016 I became a RPCV (Returned Peace Corps Volunteer)!!!

At the "gonging out" ceremony where PCVs become RPCVs. Most of us are wearing the traditional outfits from our region.

The official gonging out bells

Friends who came to support me during my gonging out!

Everyone always takes a picture with the Peace Corps sign when they become a RPCV 

My wonderful gonging out group

Now onto the next adventure: integrating back into the American home I remember and finding the next job; the next purpose. It feels weird to return to the familiar but then miss the parts of Cameroon that had become familiar and the friends that made Cameroon a home.

Here is a 15 minute movie that I made using various video clips of my time in Cameroon. My video skills are not great but I really wanted to share Cameroon with you. You can also just search for "Peace Corps Cameroon One Perspective in 15 Minutes" on You Tube.
https://youtu.be/EOySrxCh_WE




3 comments: